Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Give a Little


I’m not the world’s most religious person, but we celebrate Christmas and Easter, I occasionally attend church, and I participate in Lent every year. No matter what religion you are, I think it’s good to challenge yourself now and then. This year, inspired by many cleaning and de-cluttering blogs, I am going to get rid of stuff every day for 40 days. I’ve read some various extremes of this idea ranging from letting go of one item a day to one trash bag a day. I will fall somewhere in the middle, with a goal of “At least one item per day.”

Today, I cleaned out our front closet and got rid of quite a few things! Shoes that have been at the bottom and anything that was generally garbage got thrown out. I think there were two pairs of his shoes, and three pairs of mine that went out the door! Things at the bottom of our closet were pretty dusty and hairy, and when you look at a pair of shoes and think about how much your feet hurt when you wear them, it’s pretty easy to see them out of your life forever (admittedly, this wasn't always so – there are still plenty of “cute” shoes lurking around here that kill my feet).

The other part of this Lenten challenge is to actually get the items out of my house. I can’t tell you how many times I've filled up bags to donate and then they just sit somewhere in my house still taking up space. So as items get eliminated, they are going straight to my car and then dropped off. The bag from the closet today is already gone! I hope you’ll follow along and share your own success at downsizing <3

No comments:

Post a Comment