Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Storm Warning

We have soooo much snow! And without Hubs around, I have a lot of shoveling to do. A few weeks ago when we had a big storm, I did a small amount of shoveling and later had a back spasm that I haven't fully gotten over. Last night I spent an hour clearing off our deck, and now the pile nearly reaches the deck! This snow is heavy, branches of trees are leaning down, and under the snow is a lovely layer of ice.  Even though I'm all plowed and shoveled, my car isn't going anywhere today.

My inlaws were kind enough to schedule a delivery of wood the other day, and the only place for the guy to deliver was right in front of the garage. When I heard snow was coming, I had to get that pile of wood stacked under the deck so I could park my car out of the way, and so the wood would not get covered in snow. I did what any self-respecting woman would do, and I called my Mommy and asked for help! She is such a trooper.

It has been quite the weekend of physical labor, but I kind of love it. All my muscles are sore, all my clothes are wet, my dogs are tired from chasing me around, and there's a beautiful layer of white over everything. Soon it will all melt away, and all my hard work will seem like it was for nothing.

Today the wind stopped blowing, the fire is going in the woodstove, and a nice pot of soup is simmering on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment